with Margaret Woodward and Justy Phillips (A Published Event) & artists Catherine Rose Evans, Ally Bisshop Kate Donovan
„Lost Rocks“ is an ambitious, slow-publishing artwork – a library of forty three books, by forty six artists over five years. A unique seam of mineralogical and metaphysical telling unfolds.
This collaborative artwork was inspired by finding a discarded geology specimen board in a tip shop in lutruwita/Tasmania. Publishing the absent geology of the rock board, „Lost Rocks“ (2017–21) is now complete, with its fictiōnellas held worldwide in individual and public collections.
Artists Catherine Rose Evans and Kate Donovan will be present live, and the editors Margaret Woodward and Justy Phillips and artist Ally Bisshop will zoom in from Australia. The five will talk about the book series, and Margaret and Justy will speak about their publishing practice. Admission is free!
* CATHERINE ROSE EVANS is a Berlin-based Australian artist and writer who works across photography, sculpture, installation and text. Her work focuses on geologic time and where this intersects with our own human timescales: as found in our bodies, their materiality and our lived-histories as they unfold against geophysical forces. catherineroseevans.com
* KATE DONOVAN is an artist and researcher working with radio, listening and the more-than-human. She means radio as an elemental, collective, and artistic medium. mattersoftransmission.net
* ALLY BISSHOP is a Berlin-based Australian artist, writer and academic. Her research and process-driven practice explores the relational thresholds between human and nonhuman. allybisshop.com
* JUSTY PHILLIPS holds a PhD Scoreography: Compose with a hole in the heart!. (2014) from RMIT University, Melbourne. Her third book, Ringed by language. And yet is published by Upswell Publishing in July 2022.
* MARGARET WOODWARD’s publications, „Crocoite“ and „Fall of the Derwent“ (Phillips & Woodward) were long-listed as finalists in the 2017 Premier’s Literary Awards, Tasmania, Australia. Woodward has a PhD in Design (2009) from Curtin University of Technology.
* A PUBLISHED EVENT is the artistic publishing house by Justy Phillips and Margaret Woodward. apublishedevent.net