Burn it Down! – Feminist Manifestos for the Revolution
Verfügbar bei Nachbestellung
- Verso Books
- 2020 ISBN 9781788735384
- 528 pages
- 24 × 16 × 4 cm
Editors’ Choice from The New York Times Book Review
In this landmark collection spanning three centuries and four waves of feminist activism and writing, Burn It Down! is a testament to what is possible when women are driven to the edge. The manifesto—raging and wanting, quarreling and provoking—has always played a central role in feminism, and it’s the angry, brash feminism we need now.
Collecting over seventy-five manifestos from around the world, Burn It Down! is a rallying cry and a call to action. Among this confrontational sisterhood, you’ll find:
• “Dyke Manifesto” by the Lesbian Avengers
• “The Ax Tampax Poem Feministo” by the Bloodsisters Project
• “The Manifesto of Apocalyptic Witchcraft” by Peter Grey
• “Simone de Beauvoir’s pro-abortion Manifesto of the 343
• “Double Jeopardy: To Be Black and Female” by Frances M. Beal
• “The Futurist Manifesto of Lust” by Valentine de Saint-Point
• “Zapatista Women’s Revolutionary Laws”
• “Riot Grrrl Manifesto” by Bikini Kill
• “Anarchy and the Sex Question” by Emma Goldman
Breanne Fahs argues that we need manifestos in all their urgent rawness—their insistence that we have to act now, that we must face this, that the bleeding edge of rage and defiance ignites new and revolutionary possibilities is where new ideas are born.
Das könnte dir gefallen...
Suffragette Manifestos9.00 € Buy
The Xenofeminist Manifesto – A Politics for Alienation
Laboria Cuboniks13.00 € Buy
The Verso Book of Feminism – Revolutionary Words from Four Mille15.00 € Buy